Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I Have Become All Things

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. (Hos 4:6)

As a minister of the Gospel, I have met, and have been introduced to, many a fine person. I myself, have been poor, rich(at times), having much, and having little. I have had all that I desired, and lost everything that I had worked for. I have been called a saint and a sinner. I have had no home, but now God has settled me. I have been cold, to the point of shivering, and have been alone, with no helper. I have known pleasure, and pain, sorrow and joy, hope and despair, hunger and filled. So I have learned over the years to be all things to all men. For I know the state of many, and how they feel toward all manner of life. I have had three heart attacks, and have been pronounced dead once. I have had cancer, but was cured by God. I have been ignorant, and wise. I have been blind, and with sight, I have been strong, but yet week. I was lost, but now I am saved. I have learned in my lifetime how to be bold, and humble. I have learned that for lack of knowledge many are destroyed, for as Paul stated, I have learned to be content in what ever state of life I am in.

For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.(1Co 9:19-22)

For me, knowing much about anything, is a blessing from God. I know much about little, but am still learning, and have endured many hardships.
For in this, I can understand many, and communicate with knowledge.
For a man to teach faith, he must have faith. For a man to teach trust, he must have learned, to trust. For a man to teach patience, he must have patience.
For a man to receive forgiveness, he, himself, must learn to forgive.
For though I be free from all men,(Free in the body, and choice.) yet have I made myself servant(Servant in the Gospel.) unto all(That will listen.), that I might gain the more.(That I might gain those that are lost for Christ.)
To some, my life , is rich, to others, my life is poor. Its all a matter of whom you ask, and how they perceive me.
Jesus was poor, but had all thing, He was alone, but never without the Father. He was hungry, but not without substance. He gave all He had, to gain the world.

And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews. I had to understand their ways, and laws, to insight them to learn about the Messiah. I had to learn, and come to love them as my brothers and sisters, though I was not of the House of Israel.
To them that are under the law, I had to learn the law, understanding why they have held onto their belief.
To them that are without law, being still under the judgment of God, to show them a better way, a better life and, a better covenant.
For I had to remember that at one time, I myself, was without law or obedience to no man. For at one time, we all worshiped devils and not God. This is fact and I lie not.

To the weak became I as weak, knowing how they feel, for at time, still today, I have known weakness, in body but not spirit. For as it is written, "The body is weak but the spirit is willing." I can climb the highest mountains, swim the deepest seas, fly threw the heavens as an eagle, but only in spirit. For what the spirit can do, the body is unable to preform. This is the lesson that mankind must learn before it is too late. For this body must die, but the spirit is eternal.

I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. To those that are learned, I myself, am also learned. To those that are rich, I also am rich(Not as this world considers richness.) To those that are poor, I myself am poor(Understanding their life, for at times I was poor.)
To those with infirmities, I have also been gravely ill, there-by understanding their hopelessness and despair.
For those of a different language, I have been given tools to communicate with them.
For by knowing death, I can sympathize with those that loose loved ones.
Though this spirit is held in this body of flesh, it can still become all things to all men, there-by understanding all.
Do I hate? Yes, but not as this world hates, for I am in the world, but not of the world.
Does God hate? Yes, but only unrighteousness and sin. Is there an easy way to become all thing to all men? No, for this action must come from the spirit, and not of the body. Though a man know all languages and manner of life, without guidance, from God, he is still a tinkling symbol and a house of glass.

We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. (Rom 15:1)
I am a success to some, and a failure to others.
I may be nothing to man, but I am a Servant to God. For do I try to please men or God? I am made all things to all men, not to please them, but rather to inform them of the righteousness and forgiveness of God.
For I cannot compromise my position(as an adopted Son of the most High.) with God to please men. For within men is no righteousness to be found. Ars.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?